The Marietta Middle School GUIDANCE PROGRAM offers a wide variety of services to young adolescents and their families. These services include:
- Individual counseling for students for academic and personal assistance;
- Small-group counseling on topics such as communication skills, organizational strategies, and study skills;
- Classroom guidance lessons focusing on decision making and problem solving skills, interpersonal communication skills and career awareness;
- Helping students though transitions;
- Coordinating testing and test interpretation;
- Providing liaisons with community resources.
A SCHOOL COUNSELOR is a PROFESSIONAL who:
- holds an advanced graduate degree in counseling;
- works with students to help them develop academically, personally, and socially;
- consults with parents and teachers to maximize a child's learning potential;
- coordinates and facilitates the efforts of school services and community agencies.
SERVICES provided by a SCHOOL COUNSELOR are delivered through:
- Scheduled appointments with individual students and parents;
- Small group counseling;
- Telephone consultations;
- Parenting seminars and courses;
- Classroom activities;
- Crisis intervention.